|Everyday||Approx. 7-8 hours||08:00 am – we can change the time to suit you|
- Catacombs of Kom El Shokafa.
- Pompay’s Pillar.
- Roman Amphitheater.
- The library of Alexandria.
- Manuscripts museum.
- Castle of Qaitbay.
- Old harbor of Alexandria.
- St. Mark – the oldest church in Africa.
- The old city-center of Alexandria.
- Abbo Elabbas Mosque.
- Montaza Gardens and the Palaces.
- Lunch at a Local restaurant.
|Single||2- 3 Persons||4-6 Persons||7-10 Persons|
|125 $||95 $||85 $||80 $|
- Pick up services from your hotel or airport & return.
- all transfers by a private air-conditioned vehicle
- Private English Egyptologist Guide.
- Entrance fees to all the mentioned sites.
- Mineral water on board the vehicle during the tour.
- Lunch at local restaurant (drinks not included).
- All Service charges & taxes.
- any extra not mentioned.
Your WOW tours Egypt guide will be waiting for you at the airport or Hotel. He will be holding a sign showing your name.
From the moment your tour starts, your guide will give you full attention. Once in the car, your guide will talk to you about all the things on the way as well as other aspects of your tour that will interest you.
You will be transferred by a modern air-conditioned vehicle to start your Day tour in Alexandria, First visit Pompay’s Pillar, (it was constructed in honor of the Emperor Diocletian at the end of the 4th century). then visit the Catacombs of Kom El Shokafa which are the largest Roman Cemetery consisting of three levels cut in the rock. Then visit the church of St. Mark – The Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria, an Oriental Orthodox church, known as Saint Mark Church. Based in Egypt, Northeast Africa and the Middle East. The head of the Church is the Patriarch of Alexandria on the Holy See of Saint Mark, who also carries the title of Coptic Pope. According to its tradition, the Coptic Church was established by Saint Mark, an apostle and evangelist, in the middle of the 1st century (approximately AD 42).
Through your drive you will see the old downtown and the local historical architecture which has baroque style designs and Italian and French style properties. After that move on to visit the Roman Amphitheater.
Next stop is the library of Alexandria; the biggest library in the world – now with 8 million books. Visit its open court where you can see the statue of Alexander the Great and the statue of Ptolemy the first, which was found underwater nearby.
You will visit the library famous Manuscripts Museum, president Saddat Museum and impressions of Alexandria Museum.
Note: Alexandria Library is closed on Fridays and on every public holiday. To enter the reading area, you will need to buy a ticket.
Have lunch at a traditional Restaurant.
After Lunch visit the main square of mosques in the city: The Abu El Abbas Mosque and see old carnivals where children play on very antique funfair rides and eat candy floss.
From there 10 minutes’ drive to see Qaitbay castle which was built on the same site as the ancient Lighthouse of Alexandria one of the seven wonders of ancient world.
End your tour in the gardens of Montaza. The beautiful coastline and all the views of the city are on the way to Montaza Palace and gardens which is approx. 25 km away, including the old harbor of Alexandria where we found 7000 monuments underwater.
Once in Montaza Gardens, commonly known as the Love Garden (all romantic couples and families go there) you will visit the royal gardens of King Farouk and see the royal palaces of Haramlek and Salamlek as well as walk along the famous Montaza Bridge and reach the Tea Palace Island and see the royal beaches of the queens.
- Enjoy a City tour in Alexandria by a horse carriage.
- Enjoy a tour to Alexandria national Museum.
- Enjoy a tour to Greek & Roman Museum.
- Enjoy a tour to Alamein and World War II remains and cemeteries.
- Enjoy a tour to Rosetta and the Egyptian countryside.
- Enjoy a tour to the pyramids and the Egyptian Museum.
- Enjoy a tour to Siwa Oasis.
- Enjoy a Foodie tour and taste the delicious Egyptian & oriental food.
- Enjoy a Photo tour – Kodak time – and keep the best memories.
- Enjoy a tour to the religious sites and feel the spiritual atmosphere.
Finally, you will transfer back to your hotel.
Alexandria has so much to see, feel, eat and buys so if you want to tailor your trip, please let us know.